If the time for you has come to move to another home, no matter whether we are talking about an inter-city relocation or one across the territory of London, you must know that there are quite a lot of things that you should be paying attention to.
A solution that is easy to reach
The best thing that you can do in order to avoid all the hassle, stress and strain of a removal is to find a company that is going to help you with the job. In the case of London, fortunately, you will not have a hard time to find a team of reliable movers no matter in which district exactly you are based in.
How to know if a moving company is any good?
When you are on the lookout for removalists that you can count on, you will come across a wide range of services that all look the same at first. You would want to make the right choice, because it is the only way to guarantee the successful outcome of your relocation. Sounds scary, doesn’t it? Well, have no fear, because it is not that hard at all. Just start calling and ask some of the following questions:
- Is the service licensed? Ask for a certificate that states that the company you consider hiring is licensed to carry out such a line of work (home, office or single item moving) on the territory of the UK, and more specifically, in the area you are relocating to.
- Check out the availability. The most competitively priced and high quality services are usually sold out fast. When you come to think of it, this is only logical, because everyone wants the best for their buck. So, ask if there are teams and vehicles available for your planned moving day. If you are in no luck, but there are slots available near that date, consider if it is possible to rearrange your schedule.
- Ask what is included in the price that you are told. Some companies tell you a price, but then you are asked to pay for everything separately – viewings, packing, special circumstances etc. Read the Terms and Conditions of the contract before you sign it, but it would be best if you are informed about any additional costs and their size in advance, before you reach the stage of the actual hiring.
- Check out online reviews of the service in order to see how legitimate it is. One of the perks of living in the Internet age is that information of all sorts is readily available at a one click of the mouse. And people love to share both negative and positive experiences about services they have paid for. So it would be easy for you to find out what the movers you are considering are made of.
- Most moving companies in London today offer free viewings so that they can better estimate the costs of removals as well as to consider specific requirements. When you have a direct contact with the people whom you will be paying to help you move, you will be able to get a better feeling about them and decide if you want them to work for you.